As the weather gets better what better time to have a BBQ. That was not the case this weekend the weather was rubbish unless you’re a duck. It really did pour down but this never put me off making this amazing yet simple pineapple salsa.
Rather than the tangy classic tomato salsa this was fruity with a lovely chilli kick hidden behind the pineapples softness. If I was not serving as a side with chicken as I had done I could quite easily devour on my own with some tortilla chips.
Versatility is the key element here. Serve it with chicken, on your BBQ burgers, with lamb chops or even mix with some salad leaves and feta cheese.
If you decide to make it let me know how it went down, as I am sure this will not disappoint.
- 2/3 Pineapple peeled and cut into small even sized chunksunks
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 80 g white onion finely chopped
- 1 handful mint leaves finely shredded
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and stir thoroughly. This is how simple this salsa is.
- Serve with whichever dish takes your fancy, as this really is that versatile.