Have you ever woken up on that morning, not too early that you need to grab the cereal but late enough that you have enjoyed your lay in and its not quite lunch. This is that time when you need to get the brunch in. That’s how I feel in these moments.
Now to make it that bit better, for the fathers out there, imagine having brunch brought to you on fathers day by your amazing family.
Now if this was me getting a lay in, which is not too often, this would be perfect and how much better than enjoying it on a perfectly soft mattress. As a father and a busy man working in the Army a lay in is very rare and although I could probably sleep anywhere a decent mattress makes everything ok. As a UK food blogger the Casper mattress makes me totally envious as these can only be purchased in the US. Having celebrated their first birthday they have said they will be branching out globally. They sound amazing and so comfy, perfect for that Fathers day lay in and can’t wait for them to hit UK shores. The quote for this mattress from their website is:
“ We created a sleep surface that lovingly contours to your body while retaining a healthy bounce and cool temperature. Casper unites a top comfort layer of premium latex with a support layer of high-density memory foam. “
I am totally resound on the fact hat sleep is one of the most important parts of our day. In this busy lifestyle we all lead, earlier starts and later finishes are common to all people, yet we all find that little excuse to not get enough sleep. A few of the reasons why we need our sleep is:
- It is restorative for the brain allowing to help learning
- Helps with the healing and repair of your heart and blood vessels
- Can assist with weight loss
To top off this full nights sleep that us deserving fathers have accrued, breakfast in bed tops this off nicely. How about treating your dad to this ultimate brunch bap. Filled with the finest of the English breakfast all in one place and a cup of tea in his favourite mug.
This will be heaven to your dad and will really make the beginning of the day ultimate after that perfect nights sleep.
*This post and references are of my own opinion. Reference to Casper Sleep was at their request with my acceptance for Fathers day.
Ultimate English Breakfast Bap (Fathers Day)
- 1 ind Oven bottom muffin sliced in half and toasted
- 4 thin slices Mature cheddar to make a square the size of an American cheese(burger cheese)
- 2 Sausages
- 2 slices Back bacon
- 1 Portabello mushroom
- 1 slice Black pudding
- 1 Tomato sliced at ½ inch thickness
- 1 Potato rosti recipe below
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 20 g Butter cubed into 4
- Salt and Pepper
- Sauce HP Brown or Heinz Ketchup
- 1 Mug of tea your Dads liking
- 1 Potato waxy such as desiree peeled
- Salt and Pepper
- First make the rosti by coarsely grating the potato into a muslin cloth and squeeze as much of the liquid out as possible and put into a bowl with a good pinch of pepper.
- Heat a frying pan with a tbsp. of oil and 1 cube of butter over a medium heat until the butter begins to fizz then put half the potato into the pan and pat down lightly and season with a good pinch of salt.
- Cook the potato until golden then flip over and repeat. When golden brown on both sides, place to the side until needed.
- Next fry the sausages in the same pan over a medium high heat until golden all over and place on to a baking tray and put in the oven until cooked (about ten minutes) and then fry the bacon on both sides along with the black pudding. Place these to the side with the rosti.
- Next fry the mushroom in another cube of butter and a little oil until golden on both sides. Season well with black pepper and a little salt and place to the side.
- At this point place the rosti, black pudding, bacon and mushroom on the pan with the sausages (the last two minutes).
- Give the pan a wipe out then heat with the remaining butter and a little oil over a medium heat and fry your egg to your liking and season with black pepper. I like my yolk nice a runny. Just before the egg is cooked quickly fry the tomato on both sides with a good pinch of salt. When they are done place to one side and take the other ingredients out of the oven.
- Time to build your ultimate brunch. Place the oven bottom muffin base on a plate and top with mushroom, rosti, cheese, sausages (sliced in half), bacon, black pudding, tomato and fried egg. Drizzle with your favourite sauce and serve with a big mug or English tea.