Ribs, and just like crispy chicken wings are always a winner whenever we decide to cook these for dinner. This occasion was a chilled Saturday and one that we finished with a feast, any hungry family would have been happy.
These ribs, however, were every bit as delicious as the picture shows. They were tender, sticky and unbelievably moreish. If the family were not around, then I could quite easily devour the whole lot to myself. I could however not as they were here, right beside me.
The BBQ sauce is amazingly simple, and the ingredients are commonplace in most homes.
So here we are, a short and sweet one just like the ribs and please do try. The challenge though is to eat these ribs without getting the lovely BBQ sauce around your chops. We did and laughed at each other throughout especially as our two-year-old left no meat at all but had sauce everywhere, his mouth, ears hair, head and even back of his neck.
Well, what are you waiting for, open those cupboards and go out shopping?
Sticky BBQ Ribs
- 1 Kg pork ribs preferably baby back
- 500 ml Coca cola
- 8 tbsp. Tomato ketchup
- 8 tbsp. soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- Pre-heat the oven to 140C and lay the ribs into a roasting tin. Pour over the cola and then top with water until just covered. Wrap the tin in foil and then roast for 2-3 hours. Turn half way through until the ribs are tender.
- While the ribs are cooking make the sauce by placing all of the ingredients into a small pan, heat gently and then simmer for about 2 minutes while stirring.
- Once the ribs are done drain the liquid and place the ribs onto some kitchen roll to absorb some of the excess liquid. Clean the roasting tin and then place the ribs back in there and cover with the BBQ sauce. Cover and marinade for at least an hour but preferably overnight.
- When ready heat the oven to 200C and then place the ribs in and cook for about 20 minutes. Turn occasionally and baste each time until hot through and the ribs start to crisp.
- Serve on a plate with the remaining sauce and any BBQ sides you fancy, such as this crunchy red cabbage slaw and sweet potato fries.