These delightfully spiced, crispy onion bhaji will compliment and indian dish that takes your fancy or maybe use as a starter with mint raita.
- 2 white Onions finely sliced
- 100 g Plain Flour
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 125 ml water
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 red chilli finely diced
- 2 tsp. hot curry powder/paste
- Mix the flour, baking powder, curry powder, turmeric and chilli with the water into a thick paste. Add the finely sliced onions then cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, about 3 cm deep to 175ºC. If you do not have a thermometer drop a little of the bhaji mix in to the hot oil. If it sizzles straight away then the oil is ready.
- Using two tablespoons, shaped the bhaji mix into balls and deep fry for about 3-4 minutes until golden brown all over.
- Serve as a side to your favourite Indian main course or as a starter.