Hands up if you like a curry on the weekend. I know in our family we love a good old curry on the weekend especially butter chicken.
With my fiancé and I currently undertaking the Keto diet we found that getting the curry take-away was not possible as we need to keep those carbs down.
Worry no more as we welcome this amazing Keto Butter Chicken and trust me this will not disappoint but i would say may actually want you to cook this every-time you fancy a curry.
Keto Butter Chicken
- 1 Medium Onion roughly chopped
- 1 Medium sized Tomato roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh Coriander chopped
- 2 cm piece fresh Ginger roughly chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Tomato Puree
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 120 ml Double Cream
- 600 g Chicken Thighs skined, boned and cut into bitesize pieces
- 55 g Ghee or Butter
- 5.5 g fresh Coriander chopped for serving
- 40 ml Double Cream to serve
- Put all of the marinde ingredients into a food processor, less the cream and blend until smooth. Add the cream and blend slighlty as to not thicken the cream.
- Add the marinade to the chicken cover and place into the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Heat half of the butter in a large saute pan over a medium to high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and reserve the remaining marinade. Place the marinaded chicken into the hot pan and fry for between 5 and 10 minutes until browned on both sides. Don't be afraid to let the chicken get some good colour.
- Pour the remaining marinade and butter into the pan, turn down to simmer and cover for about 15 minutes.
- Once cooked season with a little more salt to taste.
- Serve drizzled with the cream and chopped fresh coriander and with some Spiced Roasted Cauliflower and Saag Paneer to complete a perfect Keto Indian dinner.