This salad is so simple and quick it is actually a delight to make. Perfect for a lunch to take to work, which is what did or even a light dinner.
With its light citrus and mint tang, tender chicken and the soft texture of the bulgur wheat and quinoa, it is lifted right at the end with the crunch of tender peaches and mild sourness of feta. A true party on the taste buds yet ever so refreshing.
If you want an extra zing to the dish you can squeeze over some more lime juice at the end or maybe a little balsamic vinegar.
We thoroughly enjoyed this recipe, was a great intro to the healthier start of 2016 and I hope you enjoy too.
Chicken, Peach and Feta Salad
- 250 g Bulgur and Quinoa pre-cooked mix. I used Tesco’s for this recipe.
- 400 g Pre-Cooked Chicken
- 2 Yellow flesh peaches cutto 12 slices each
- 2 tbsp. Mint sauce
- 10 g Fresh dill roughly chopped
- 10 g Fresh basil roughly chopped and some small sprigs to finish
- 80 g Baby spinach
- 50 g Toasted pecans roughly chopped
- 100 g Feta cheese broken up roughly
- 2 limes zest of, and juiced
- 1 tsp. Rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp. caster sugar
- 1½ tbsp. Wholegrain mustard
- First of all, you need to make the dressing. Put all of the dressing ingredients in to a jam jar or mixing bowl and give a good mix and place to the side.
- For the salad, mix all of the ingredients apart from half the feta cheese and pecans.
- Just before you serve mix the dressing with the salad and place on to your serving plates. Finish with some small sprigs of basil and sprinkle over the pecans and remaining feta.